Plymouth Dance Membership Scheme
Plymouth Dance has four memberships available, ranging from £1 to £6 a month:
Tier 1 - Social Media Only (Facebook, Twitter and Mailchimp detailing dance opportunities)
Tier 2 - Social Media, 20% discount on workshops and one meeting with a member of Plymouth Dance/ June Gamble; regarding career/project development/G4A.
Tier 3 - Social Media, 20% discount on workshops and two meetings with a member of Plymouth Dance/ June Gamble; regarding career/project development/G4A.
Student - Social Media Only (Free or discounted student places for masterclasses and workshops that occur at Plymouth University are already in place separate from this membership.)
*Please note, if you have purchased a Student Membership, you will have to upload an image of your Student I.D. to your Member Profile page.
*Please note, Facebook and Twitter usernames will need to be disclosed in order to know which members are joining the private social media accounts.
Plymouth Dance Volunteer Training Programme
We have a fantastic volunteering training programme for all of our Plymouth Dance Volunteers. But don't worry, even if you aren't a PD Volunteer you can take advantage of these great training sessions. Just choose what event you would like to attend, click through to book your place on Eventbrite. Make sure you book on quick as places are limited on a first come first served basis!
How to get in contact with PD as a Dance Practitioner
Arranging a meeting with one of the staff:
If you are interested in Dance in Plymouth and want to get connected you can get in contact with Plymouth Dance by emailing email@example.com and requesting a meeting.
Support that can be offered during these meetings:
Social media and keeping updated:
- Practitioner and Class Advertisement
- Professional Development opportunities: CPD Dance Card/ Masterclasses/ Training
- Information, advice and guidance with regard to the development of your professional portfolio and projects
- Information, advice and guidance regarding opportunities within Plymouth, across the region and nationally
- Specific information, advice and guidance with regard to Grants for the Arts applications and other funding bids
Online resources: We offer online resources including the following:
- Sign up to the Plymouth Dance database via the Plymouth Dance website: we send out information regularly via Mailchimp about Dance opportunities in Plymouth, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Follow us on Twitter @PlymouthDance or on facebook @plymouthdance2 as we also send out all opportunities and information via social media.
- Stay up to date by visiting the website regularly https://www.plymouthdance.org.uk/
Commissioning Dance Practitioners
- The National Occupational Standards (NOS) for Dance Leadership. This allows practitioners to stay up to date with the relevant National standards.
- Dance and Health Resources
- Information on Dance courses in Plymouth
- An A-Z Directory of Classes and Dance Teachers in Plymouth
- A Directory of Spaces/Studios to rent in Plymouth
- Guidelines for teaching in Primary and Secondary Schools
- A directory of Alternative Therapies and Practises
- A Plymouth Accommodation List
The majority of paid engagement opportunities will be advertised through the Plymouth Dance mailing list, Twitter and Facebook, including Trainee and Dance Practitioner freelance contracts. Plymouth Dance, on occasion, directly commissions Senior specialist practitioners for strategic purposes with regards to developing Dance as a vehicle for change within the city.
Plymouth Dance is currently looking for volunteers to join their volunteering programme following the programmes success during U.Dance 2015. Volunteers gained free training and experience, if you are interested in joining the programme please contact Gemma on: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Keeping updated with Plymouth Dance allows us to inform you of any upcoming events and also to have an awareness of your skill set for job opportunities.